I have had some requests to share this recipe. We made this in class earlier this week. It was delicious. For lunch the following day I added some crisp romaine, seared ahi tuna & crumbles of ricotta salata cheese. Wonderful lunch. Shrimp would be very nice also.
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 pound cherub tomatoes cut in half
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives cut in half
- 1 cup pea shoots
Whisk together dijon, garlic, oil, vinegar, and capers in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, beans, red onion, and pea shoots. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Serve with crisp romaine, good quality canned tuna, seared ahi tuna or shrimp. Garnish with feta, ricotta salata or fresh parmesan cheese.