So I have been trying my Instant Pot for just about everything else, why not a lobster tail? Again I am surprised and amazed. So so tender and juicy, not over cook, just perfect. And only 2 minutes. Crazy right? You can serve with risotto like I have, serve with a grilled steak, I plan on making again and serving with fresh pasta and truffle cream sauce. Thats pure heaven!
Here is a link to watch of how to butterfly the lobster tail. Much easier to watch then have me try to explain it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxeNmitWIE
- Place 1 cup of vegetable or chicken stock in the instant pot and place your trivet or steam basket in the instant pot. Place your lobster tails on top of the trivet or steam basket butterflied side up.
- Place some slices of lemon around the lobster, toss some cloves of garlic that have been cut in half.
- Place slices of butter on top of each lobster tail
- Season the lobster tail, I used a combination of Penzeys Northwoods Fire and Edwards Rosemary Rub. Check what you have in your spice cabinet, Old Bay Seasoning.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, make sure the valve is set to seal. Manually turn on high for 2 minutes.
- Once the timer has gone off, release the pressure immediately.
- Carefully remove the lobster tails with tongs.
- Serve with a lemon wedge, sprinkle of fresh minced parsley and some additional ,melted butter.